Saturday 11 September 2010

The Secret to Anti-Aging Products: Sticking With It

banner I'm back on Retin-A after a couple years off, not because I have acne, but because I love how Retin-A makes my skin look and feel so great after just a couple weeks of use. Retin-A, you'll recall, was THE pimple medicine of the 90s, before Accutane took over. Dermatologists have known the anti-aging benefits of Retin-A for years and many skincare experts (who have their own lines, mind you), swear vitamin A is their secret weapon when it comes to their own skin care.

Some bits about Retin-A and other anti-aging products:

1. It's best to use Retin-A under the guidance of a dermatologist. Here in the U.S., it's not an over-the-counter product. Yes, I have to say this, even though I get the stuff over-the-counter in Mexico.
2. You will peel. My skin is currently peeling in patches, a minor annoyance in my quest for dewy, youthful skin. This is typical the first two weeks with Retin-A.
2. Gotta wear sunscreen. Skin is extra-sensitive to the sun. You have to very careful to stay out of the sun when on Retin-A.
3. Stick with it. Many women abandon skincare regimens because they can't stand the redness or peeling and think it's not working. banner

No comments:

Post a Comment